Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Am Bad To The Bone All By Myself

Isaiah 43:10-1310: Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.11: I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.12: I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.13: Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?So, I was reading a book the other day. I LOVE Christian mystery/suspense. Some of my favorite authors are Mindy Starns Clark, Dee Henderson, and Terri Blackstock. In this particular book I was reading an FBI agent was trying to solve the crime. Well, the other party involved who had no training in this area, was trying her hardest to "help" him. He said this, " I am trained for this job. I know what I am doing. Let me do it. You're being in the way is going to mess it up and lead to someone's getting shot or killed."That stuck with me and parallels with our walk with God. God will lay a burden on our hearts sometimes for people or things, and because of it, we want to try to "put our hands in it." God says, "I've been God a long time and I'm good at it!" In fact in today's language, the verses above could be said, "I am God, and I am bad to the bone ALL BY MYSELF! I don't need your help. Just cheer me on." If we try to do it and the work succeeds, God doesn't get as much glory because we show up to get our picture taken for the effort.God's got a plan. If He chooses to use us, He will let us know. Until then....PRAISE LIKE YOUR BATTLE'S ALREADY WON! The battle is the Lord's. Ephesians 3:20 says, "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all we can ask or think according to the power that worketh in us." Our prayers are heard. God has answered. Praise Him for the victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment