Friday, June 19, 2009

Running on Fumes?

Colossians 3:15-17And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a serious issue with the word " wait." I don't like it. I feel spiritually lazy when I don't have my hands in something. However, I AM learning that there is a very good reason why God asks us to do that very thing. Bro. Kennedy, a preacher friend of mine, gave me this acronym a while back... W-Worship A-Anticipate I-Invision (the word is actually spelled with an "e" but u get the point. :) u really have to know this guy...) T-Tarry. Sometimes, we pour so much of ourselves into the work of God and other people that we empty ourselves and we are running on "fumes." That is NOT the Will of God. It IS the Will of God for us to just sit at His feet and let Him refill, refuel and refresh us. Give us a fresh anointing, a fresh word, a fresh vision. Psalm 23 says it best, " He leadeth me beside the still waters...He restoreth my soul." There is a strength and a renewed hope and faith that comes when we wait on God.Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Psalm 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. Psalm 31:24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD. Psalm 33:20 Our soul waiteth for the Lord: he is our help and our shield.Psalm 37:7 Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for him: (Rest...on of the 4 ingredients to abundant life...)Psalm 40:1 I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.Although waiting is a hard answer to receive, see and accept it for what it is, God's way of getting you to spend some time with Him so He can empty us of us and fill us with Him. In our waiting period our Mode of Operation should be as Colossians states: sing, get into the Word, and whatever you do or say try your hardest to make sure it brings glory to God. We are made overcomers by the blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our testimony. Testify. Has God been good to you? Be of good courage. God's got everything in control. He is God and He is good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment